What is Meditation –
Meditation is a technique mind healing. It is a source of energy travelling from mind to legs and from legs to mind and to universe.We can say it as Guided meditation.
Altered state of mind-healing and regeneration—
In the previous post, we have discussed Creative Visualization as a method to condition the brain, to shape the dominant thoughts to achieve the life we desire for.
This post will talk about fulfilling life’s goal by understanding altered states of mind .
This morning meditation method was introduced by Jose Silva around 1990s and later taken up by several personal development trainers of meditation to train several minds for better life.
Vipassana meditation is also a very old and perfect technique of mind control.
We will learn how to tap into Alpha, Theta & Delta wave frequencies of the human mind.
This will initiate us into states of profound creativity, intuitive guidance, self improvement and to create situations to move your life forward towards your wildest dreams.
Understanding altered states:
An altered state of mind or altered mind is any condition which is significantly different from the normal waking state.
The mind is aware in this condition such as in hypnosis, hallucination, trance and meditative states. Our brain waves or state of mind are divided into 4 states.
Trancendental meditation technique is one for avoiding waste thoughts and promoting relaxation in mind.
Beta state is considered as normal waking state. We are in beta state of mind normally in our day-to-day life.
Alpha state is considered as restful state. This is characterized by quietly flowing thoughts like in meditation. Creative visualization is practiced in this state.
Theta is the dreamy state. This state can be characterized as of one just after waking up or just before falling into sound sleep.
This is the state called as sleep state. Delta is the realm of our unconscious mind. It is the gateway to universal mind and receiving information from it. Healing and regeneration happens in this state.
It is like a Sleep meditation state of mind.
Ways to access these states in meditation:
There are 4 ways to access these states:
1. Neuro Training
40 days technique for accessing the first altered state- The Alpha:
This is the easiest technique one can practice. Just after waking up, sit down calmly and practice it. For this you have to reverse count the digits.
So when you are starting from greater number, you are at Beta state. When you count till 1, you reach the Alpha state.
This counting will take 2-8 minutes of your time depending upon the day you are at. 40 days are divided into 4 set of 10 days.
This goes like this:
1. From day 1 to day 10: You have to reverse-count 100 to 1.
2. From day 11 to day 20: You have to reverse- count 50 to 1.
3. From day 21 to day 30: You have to reverse- count 20 to 1.
4. From day 31 to 40: You have to reverse- count 11 to 1.
The Centering Exercise- The meditation by Jose Silva—
This method focuses on visualizing a number 3 times, and then centering your attention to different body parts. Concentrating on all parts of your body one by one and putting them to relax.
Since you centered the relaxation on a number, you will feel the same composition of your body whenever you visualize and repeat that same number.You should also know mindfulness meditation.
This is how this meditation technique works:
1. Find a comfortable sitting position. Close your eyes. Take a deep breath and while exhaling mentally visualize and repeat the number 3, 3 times.
2. Now concentrate your sense of awareness on your scalp, the skin that covers your head. You will feel a tingling sensation, a feeling of warmth caused by circulation. Now release the tension from this part of your head and relax.
3. Now concentrate your sense of awareness on your forehead, the skin that covers your forehead. You will again feel a tingling sensation, a feeling of warmth caused by circulation.
Now release the tension from this part of your head and place it in deep state of relaxation.
4. Now concentrate on your eyelids, and tissues surrounding your eyes. Feel the vibration and feeling of warmth. And relax.
5. Now concentrate on your face, skin covering your cheeks. You will feel vibration, tingling sensation, a feeling of warmth caused by circulation. And then place it in deeper relaxation.
6. Concentrate on outer portion of your throat, skin covering your throat area. Feel the sensation and release the pressure from this part of your body. Concentrate within the throat area and relax all tension going deeper and deeper every time.
7. Concentrate on your shoulder. Feel the clothing in contact of your body. Then Feel the skin. And Feel the vibration. Now place your shoulder in deep relaxation.
8. Concentrate on your chest and feel the clothing and the skin. Feel the vibration and relax all tension. Place your chest in deep form of relaxation. Concentrate within the chest area.
Relax all organs. And Relax all glands. Relax all tissues. Relax cells and stem cells and cause them to function in rhythmic healthy manner.
9. Concentrate on your abdomen. Feel the clothing and the skin. Feel the vibrations. Relax all tensions and ligament pressures and place your abdomen in deep state of relaxation.
Concentrate within the abdominal area, relax all organs, relax all glands, and relax all tissues. Cause them to function in rhythmic healthy manner.
Move from head to toe, the heels, the ankles, and the feet in similar manner. Feel the feet as they do not belong to your body. Your feet, ankles, calves, knees, thighs, waist, shoulders, arms and hands feel as they do not belong to your body.
You are now at deeper, healthier level of your mind. Deeper than before. Whenever you mentally repeat and visualize the no. 3, your body will relax completely as you are now and every time you practice.
We have discussed in detail both of the methods. They have shown great results for number of people around the world.
If you are interested in it, you can join a class of this in your city. You can search on google as ” Meditation for beginners” or “Meditation near me “.
They teach you in class Om meditation and yoga meditation that is also very useful in life. You can also download best meditation app in your phone to follow.
We have learnt a proverb “Practice makes a man perfect”. Instead for accessing altered states of mind I would say “Perfect practice makes a man perfect.